Thursday, August 13, 2009

The great Tiki Debacle


Last week I had to call Poison Control. As I have been juggling how to work from home AND keep my eye on my super quick baby,and found myself on my computer doing work with Pita on my lap. Like right now. So in an effort to keep her busy, I gave her a clay Tiki Man penholder that Hot Pocket's coworker made us. What harm could that cause?

So there I am typing-typing-typing for 15 minutes or so when I notice a funny smell. "My! It smells like gardening soil! What on earth could cause that?!" I was confused until I looked down and saw Miss Pita Pocket sucking on the grey pen-holder. While I thought the clay had been fired, it obviously had NOT. The clay had liquefied into a soupy grey mess and it looked like Pita had overindulged a large bowl of grey chocolate ice cream. The clay was smeared all over her face, clothes, and hair. I fahhh-reaked out when I saw her. And how could I have not noticed when she was on my LAP!?

So I called Poison Control who was wonderful to work with. There is only a minor risk of lead poisoning because this was just a one time occurrence and they said she should be just fine. However, with all their reassuring words this past week I have been beating myself up over it. Bad Mommy!

Now, looking back I guess it's a little funny. but just a little.

And yes, the blog has gone private. Not sure if I will keep it private however. We will just have to see how angry people get about it. Let me know what your thoughts are on the matter!

No comments: