Monday, September 7, 2009

One year older and wiser



Hot Pocket threw me a surprise birthday party Saturday night and boy did it surprise me! To get me out of the house, a trip to Ikea was organized with mom for my birthday. Pita hadn't slept for the entire trip and as we got ready to go, I realized that she had been sitting in messy poo for over an hour. So i open the trunk of the car to change her diaper when I come to discover that I forgot to pack diaper wipes. So there i was, wiping dirty bottoms with blankets and napkins wetted with her sippy cup. And I couldn't wash my hands because we were already in the parking lot so i just made it a point to not touch my face or anything and to clean the hell out of the car interior when I got home.

So la-ti-da, I pull into my driveway just as Pita drops off to sleep. I open the front door and walk in and SURPRISE! All my friends come popping out from various hiding places and Pita loses it. And as I go to hug people, i remember my poopy hands and run to the bathroom to wash up.



Pocket did a great job organizing the party. We had margaritas and burgers. Friends brought various side dishes and munchies. Pocket even made me another peach cobbler which in our house we call it Peach Blobbler. He bought me a rodeo queen hat which Pita ended up liking the most. We played horseshoes, darts, and flipped through old magazines from the 60s and 70s. it was a most fun time.

How lucky I am to have such dandy friends and sweet and thoughtful husband.

No comments: