Friday, September 18, 2009

Bee serious



I took this picture a couple of weekends ago at Wheeler Farm. There was this giant sunflower, at least 8 feet tall that was bending down from the weight of the blossom and i thought it might be a neat thing to take a photo of. As I started focusing the camera on the flower head above me, i noticed that there was this bee hard at work, clinging on for dear life while the flower swayed in the breeze. As I took photos this bee was furiously working doing whatever it is bees do and it looked like exhausting work. i wanted to tell that bee to relax! Swing on the flower! enjoy yourself. You need a break! You deserve one!

But then I got to thinking, very often I find myself working so hard with my efforts going towards a never ending goal. Daily tasks like
"must get the dishes done."
"Must do the laundry."
"Must tidy up the house before the end of the day."

and the truth of the matter is this, even if I accomplish all of my chores today, tomorrow the laundry will pile up again. The dishes will get dirty. and with a mobile tot that likes to splash in the dog's water bowl, the house will just get messy tomorrow.

so i need to take my own advice and relax. enjoy the day. Take time to pause my circle of meaningless goals of daily tasks and once in a while, just chill.

I love this pictures so much that I am going to be blowing this picture up and framing it because it just speaks volumes to me.

No comments: